November 20, 2017

5*Review: THE TOWER (Ellie Jordan Series #9) by JL Bryan

Title: The Tower

Author: JL Bryan

Source: eARC from author for review



Goodreads...

Ellie's new case takes her far out of town, to an historic but crumbling nineteenth-century skyscraper in downtown Atlanta. The reclusive, once-prominent family living at the top of the tower are experiencing paranormal disturbances that grow more threatening by the day.

Ellie and Stacey must unravel the hidden history of the tower and the ancestors of the family who occupy it—a history full of crime, corruption, wealth, and power. With floor after floor of dark, haunted spaces, the labyrinthine antique tower presents one of the greatest ghost-trapping challenges that Ellie has ever faced. 



My take....

I was so excited to see this book had released. I had planned on diving in on Halloween and devouring it. Unfortunately I was sick and it never happened. Well, it did. Just slowly. Though no fault of it’s own, it took me almost 2 weeks to finish this amazing read. I hate when I get in a funk and it takes me so long to finish a book. Especially one as great as this one. 

Ellie and Stacey are headed out of Savannah and into the heart of Atlanta to meet with some new clients that may or may not own a haunted skyscraper. I am so in love with this plot!! It is definitely a unique one for the series and I couldn’t wait to see what ghosts it held, if any. And yep, it sure did. And to me it was one of the scariest of the series. I for real got freaked out quite a few times. Bryan does such an fabulous job spinning tales that deliver the spooky and the ghoulish. All of it is well written, entertaining, and so very creepy. 

I absolutely adore this series and love how each one is fresh and more importantly, original. Bryan is that great at his job as an author and does well giving us plots and storylines that never seem to sound repetitive. And that is real talent, especially 9 books in. I look forward to more books. I just hope he plans to keep writing this series for as long as possible.

My only hope as the series continues is for Ellie to find someone. I heart a good romance when I read books. And even though this series could stand on it’s own without it, I am still holding out hope that Bryan may help her out a little. I thought she had found someone, and maybe there is still hope for that drizzling relationship, but as the books progress it seems highly unlikely.

Amazing book, terrifically terrifying series...you need to get on this one as soon as possible. I highly recommend them all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment